Tolerance is the Only Way

There is a campaign in Second Life called "Tolerance is the Only Way," which promotes acceptance of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender lifestyles. Although in many places, homosexuality may not be as taboo as it used to be decades ago, it still holds something of a social stigma in certain cultures. I have always been an avid supporter of gay rights and acceptance, even though I am heterosexual. I don't feel it is wrong to love someone ever. It's very hard to find love so I don't like when people insist that love is reserved only for a select group of people.

I do however like how many designers have come together to support the LGBT community in this show of solidarity. I'm proud to wear one such design called Urban Flower from Stl! Combining the urban flavor of Asian fashion with a preppy swag, this bold top and short ensemble makes quite the statement. The kimono style top gets a modern update with a short sleeve shirt and tie underneath. The shorts feature a red ribbon accent with a rainbow charm on the side. I love the vibrant hues of this outfit and its relaxed fit. My pose is from Morphine, which has also created special poses for this event.

Look for this and other fabulous designs at the Tolerance is the Only Way sim.


Tights: Zaara
Bracelet: Maxi Gossamer
Glasses: CheerNo
Hair: Emo-tions

Comments

Popular Posts