Skin Deep - 1st MVW Styling Challenge

Now I'm sure those of you reading this are going, "Didn't you just post your first styling challenge already?" Well, yes and no. Allow me to explain how the challenges for Miss Virtual World work. There are two types of challenges for the most part in this competition, runway and styling. The runway challenges require us to style a look with poses for the runway. The styling challenges are simply photo challenges so no runway work is done at all. Although some of us post our styles on Flickr, we are not required to do so. That is why you may not see what every contestant wore for each challenge; it is an individual choice to post our work on Flickr.

This is the 1st Styling Challenge so we did not walk a runway for it. We only submitted a photo of a styling based on the theme given to us. This one focused on our ability to apply makeup and hair skillfully. The theme was to create a look based on a real life cosmetics company that would appear in the pages of Vogue. We were given a link to Sephora as an example but not required to copy that look completely. I did my take on the look with purple eye shadows from Mock Cosmetics and Rozena. Since the focus is on the makeup, I chose a punkish mullet a la Pat Benatar from Dura. Even though we are not obligated to use professional SL photographers, my friend Latrelly Flux graciously offered to be mine for the duration of the competition. I thank her from the bottom of my heart for such a generous donation of her time and skills to aid me in my journey.

I don't know how I did, but I do know that the challenge winner was Miss Ireland, Sessie16 so congrats to her! The next style challenge is due next week so keep reading for updates on how that goes. Thanks for supporting me and my blog by reading this!


Comments

Popular Posts