Colour of Couture - The Finals

Of course I have to show my final two stylings from the Miss Colour of Couture competition because I just had too much fun putting them together. Also, in case anyone was wondering how I earned my 1st Runner Up title, I wanted them to be able to judge for themselves. The first challenge was color blocking, which is the assemblance of bold blocks of color together for a bright and vibrant look. Once again I took some style cues from The Hunger Games with my take on how the citizens of the Capitol possibly dressed. I was nervous about sporting pink hair, but my brand word was daring for the final challenges so I took it to the extreme.


The second and final challenge was in the style of Diane Von Furstenberg's Resort 2012 collection. This was a particularly tricky one since it was very simplistic with monochromatic tones and few splashes of color. Crazy patterns were also interspersed throughout the collection so I used that to my advantage and wore these eye-catching houndstooth patterns.This time I toned down the hair to a natural shade and added pops of color to my makeup.



Looking back, there were a couple of challenges I could've done better, but overall I am satisfied that I accomplished most of my goals. I never needed a title to gain an edge in my modeling career so this will not stop me from excelling further. I'm looking forward to my first Miss Virtual World audition and hope to earn a place among the finalists there.

Pic. 1
Skirt: NYU
Shirt: Gato
Jacket: The Secret Store (old hunt gift)
Tights: Milk Motion
Shoes: Nardcotix
Lashes: Miamai
Makeup: Lush Limited; Chelle
Eyeliner: Apple May Designs
Nail polish: m.o.c.k. cosmetics
Hair: booN
Hair decoration: Solidea Folies
Jewelry: Finesmith Jewelry
Pose: Manifeste

Pic. 2 & 3
Tank top: Lush Limited
Lipstick: Lush Limited; LovelyMi (worn in layers)
Skirt: MichaMi
Shoes: Nardcotix
Hair: Loovus Dzevavor
Eyeshadow: Mons
Lashes and liner: Apple May Designs
Nail polish: m.o.c.k. cosmetics
Bracelet: Finesmith Jewelry
Glasses: Kumaki
Purse: Ricielli
Collar: Maitreya (Epoch Legend event, no longer available)
Poses: Corpus (2); Everglow (3)

Comments

Popular Posts