Crazy for Paisley at Colour of Couture

Now I know what you're thinking. I must have lost my mind to enter another pageant so soon after the last one. However, I feel this one will be a welcome challenge on many levels. The Colour of Couture competition is open to female avatars representing Ebony, Hispanic or Asian cultures. Often times these groups are overlooked in other contests or fashion ads since they are in the minority. I've entered numerous competitions, and it is very hurtful when you feel overlooked because of your skin color. I am determined to represent the models who proudly choose to remain true to their ethnic background and not cave into pressure to lighten their tones to appear more fashionable. I am also representing the models who have remained true to their heritage without a title behind them and continue to do so despite the hardships. I do not seek anything more than equal recognition and representation of models of all ethnicities in every facet of SL fashion. This is not just about a title for me. This is about showing how beautiful, eloquent and intelligent women of color are, and that we should not have to play the token roles in contests.



Jacket: LeeZu
Top and Bag: R.icielli
Pants: coldLogic
Shoes: Baiastice
Hat: Nardcotix (modified)
Earrings: Finesmith Designs
Hair: LoQ
Lashes: Miamai
Eyeshadow: Lush Cosmetics; m.o.c.k. cosmetics (worn in layers)
Eyeliner: Apple May Designs
Lipstick: m.o.c.k. cosmetics
Pose: Manifeste

Comments

Popular Posts