EoE Style Challenge - 70's Fashion Icons

Yesterday marked the beginning of the Miss Essence of Ebony pageant, and man was I nervous! The day started out rough with a laggy sim and a show delay but eventually 17 finalists were able to present themselves for the first time in public. Our challenge was to emulated a 70's fashion icon, and I chose the first black model to grace the cover of Vogue in 1974, Beverly Johnson. I really identified with her effervescent spirit and sophisticated fashion sense. I was inspired by her Jackie O-influenced style and the colors representing my country, Congo. Each week the top three styles are chosen, and while mine wasn't up there, I do want to give a special congrats to my friend and fellow contestant Miss Togo Ngozi Faith for being the favorite of the day! She absolutely rocked her outfit inspired by Diana Ross from Mahogany. To see the other contestant looks, check out http://essenceofebony.wordpress.com/.




Style Credits:

Turtleneck: fri.day *color modified by tint
Cardigan: Ison
Bag and Shoes: Maitreya
Pants: Shi
Hair: LoQ
Hat: Nardcotix *colors modified by tint
Jewelry: Amorous
Eyeshadow: Rozena
Lipstick and Nails: m.o.c.k. cosmetics
Lashes: Apple May Designs
Pose: Everglow

Comments

Popular Posts